Settling in the Netherlands

Are you moving from abroad to the Netherlands for the first time? Or have you lived in the Netherlands before and are you moving back here to settle? And will you be staying in the Netherlands for at least 4 months in the coming six months? Then have yourself registered in the Municipal Personal Records Database (BRP) at the municipality of Veldhoven, within 5 days of arrival. You have to make an appointment for this.

Make an appointment

When to declare settlement?

You come to live in the Netherlands from abroad:

  • and you will stay in the Netherlands for at least 4 months in the coming six months
  • and you live in Veldhoven
  • and you are legally entitled to reside in the Netherlands

Bring with you

  • In case of Dutch nationality: bring a valid passport or identity card with you
  • In case of nationality from a country within the EU/EEA or Switzerland: bring your national passport or a European identity card
  • In case of any other nationality: bring your national passport with a provisional residence permit (MVV sticker) and your residence permit
  • If you come from Aruba, Curacao, Saba, Sint Eustatius or Sint Maarten, please bring a proof of deregistration
  • A house rental or purchase agreement of your home, or a 'Declaration of consent to live in'┬áthat has been filled out by the person with whom you are going to be living
  • Documents of life events from your time abroad, such as birth-, marriage- or divorce certificates

If your entire family is moving to the Netherlands, your partner and children must also be present at the appointment.

Hoe tevreden bent u over deze pagina van de website?

Doe mee aan het onderzoek